Thursday, May 12

Love Song

First Love, You are number one in terms of position
Of all the attractions and ambitions I have
First Love, You are my motivation and start of each morning
And conclusion at the end of every day

You gave me breath and You're still giving breaths in our present day
How sweet and wonderful it is to finally put a finger on
The fact that You were the One
Who imagined and spoke me into being

Sweet Love, heavenly joy is mine on earth
Because You pursued me, and I found You
Sweet Love, there's none other of Your worth to me

My will in Yours and Yours mine
That's all that matters to me now
Hearts awakened and lives returning to
Where they belong
You, First Love, are theirs too
Till 'Sweet Love' they know and call You too

Precious Love, may I never take You for granted
May I only learn to love You more
As I grow to have the full measure of the knowledge of You
As I become more and more
Like You